Simran - I Wonder...

"Sometimes, I am terrified of my heart; of its constant hunger for whatever it is it wants. The way it stops and starts." -Edgar Allan Poe

C for Cemetery

Death- damn death is something I never understood. I don’t think anyone does. I stand here, in the graveyard drenched in darkness that is not letting go, not knowing what to do or where to look. Tears desperate to roll down but restricted by something, something I don’t know. I want to cry. Instead, I stand here, completely still as I watch the sky cry for me. The sun hid behind the dark clouds that rolled in and everything changed.

Reality changes. It changes so f**king fast and doesn’t even give you a chance to take the new twisted and tangled version of your life in. I wish it wasn’t this way. I wish he would stay. I wish I had his hand to hold- hold on to forever. But he left. He left me alone to fight the world.

Each and every human body beneath me left someone who loved them all alone like he left me. I get hit by a wave of betrayal. No one is yours. No one will even be yours. They always leave- leave you wishing you left first. So god, why does love even exist if it always ends this way?

Life- damn life is something I wish you understand before trying to make sense of death. I stand here, beside you, looking into your eyes filled with darkness I wish I could erase. I stand here, wiping away your every tear before it even falls- how do I watch you break, my love? I wish you heard me telling you to not cry. Yes, the sun hid behind the clouds, but it will shine again- it will shine, almost as bright as your smile that I fell in love with.

It’s not my fault, I swear. I wish it wasn’t this way. But I promise you baby, I am still here. I will still hold your hand like I always do did. For as long as I live in your heart, you are not alone.

Yes, each and every human body beneath you left someone who loved them- but not their soul. Their souls still wander inside the hearts of who they loved. I am yours. I will always be yours. I will never leave and I wish you knew that. This is not the end of us but you will never know. So god, why does love even exist if it always ends this way?

Next Post